Welcome to the Mosquito Division
Division Director – Wayne Bigalky 306-352-5096 firstname.lastname@example.org
All players are required to have their own batting helmets.
Players on AAA and AA teams require their own baseball pants.
NO BUNTING ALLOWED
Mosquito AAA teams will be formed using a 2016 Draft Guidelines. AA & A players will then be zoned.
**** Please remember that the Regina ball parks you play in are run by volunteer boards. Whatever park is your “home” park, be a willing participant there – if you can hold a hammer, pick up garbage, weed or use a paintbrush, you can play a vital role at the park. Check at the clubhouse to offer your assistance.
Please see our Operating Rules (Mosquito) for a full listing of rules, but some important highlights are:
- Curve balls are not allowed. Umpires will impose penalty – see Curveballs.
- Baseball Regina follows the SBA Pitch Count Rules for all league, tournament & playoff games
- 6 inning games. If one team is up by 10 runs after 4 innings, they shall win the game; however the game may be continued for practice purposes with the consent of both coaches.
- Until June 1, no new inning may start after 8:15 pm; after June 1, no new inning may start after 8:30 pm.
- Every body bats & every player must play at least 2 defensive innings in the first 4 innings of a game.
- No leading off. Runner must stay in contact with the base until the pitch crosses the plate.
- Mosquito “A” only rule:
– the pitching distance is reduced to 37 feet
- Mosquito “A” and “AA” only rule:
– base runners only score on a play initiated by contact or forced play.